To encourage the unfolding of a vigorous force in the mind; to demand professional standards, technical skills and pride in craftsmanship; to put ideas into tangible form
Structual STRENGTHS• Availability of staff beyond class time
• We provide a dedicated teaching staff with industry experience
• Foundational training in many areas of fine art & design
• Links to art community, professional opportunities
• Open studios and extra time in all disciplines
• Small intimate population with a wide diversity of age and background, both economic and social.
• Balance between figurative and nonrepresentational work in drawing, sculpture.
• Professional and expert life models for the dedicated life classes
• Co-op program with access to a wide variety of art disciplines in both the fine and applied art fields.
• Portfolio preparation course
• Field trips, near and far
• A support group of volunteers
Professional and Creative Objectives• General foundation in all art subjects
• Contemporary and classical training
• Sense of professionalism
• The ability to make sound artistic judgements and evaluate all types of work
• Excellent and vital mix of adult and high school art students
• Creative interpretation in all areas
• Care and encouragement from a dedicated teaching staff
• Family atmosphere of purpose
• Strong student rapport
Program Highlights and Goals• An annual exhibition of the finest work of students and staff
• Strong art history curriculum
• Broad training in arts perception
• Strong grounding in broad and solid art vocabulary
• Awareness of the arts community, locally and internationally
• Awareness of the vital role of art in the national culture and economy
• Interaction between a variety of art skills and principles
• Ability to broaden and consolidate personal philosophy
THE CTS SPECIALIZED ART Program DEVELOPS TALENT AND SKILLS
The highly regarded Art Centre of Central Technical School provides a solid foundation for entry into an art profession, or further specialized art education for any student with the desire and talent to seek a career in art
- now the fourth largest employment group in Canada. The Specialized Art Program aims at student development in creativity, technical skills, and growth in judgement, and appreciation.